General Practice Firm Serving Clients in South Carolina
Since 1971, Townsend & Thompson, LLP, has been representing clients in South Carolina in matters ranging from family law and personal injury to corporate and criminal law. Our Laurens County lawyers provide legal representation that is marked by experience, efficiency and a commitment to providing the best client-centered service possible.
Our lawyers also handle workers' compensation claims for clients whose injuries occurred in the course of employment.
- Powers of attorney
- Advance health care directives
- Living wills
- Probate administration
- Representing executors, administrators and trustees
- Will contests
- Probate disputes
- Residential purchase-sale agreements
- Commercial real estate acquisitions and sales
- Residential and commercial leasing
- Land development
- Construction disputes and litigation
- Land use and zoning matters
- Child support and custody
- Division of assets
- Spousal support and alimony
- Name changes
- Domestic violence
- Divorce modifications and enforcement
In a time when most law firms are specializing in only one or two clearly defined areas of legal practice, we maintain our identification as a general practice firm. Legal issues that arise in one practice area will often overlap with other practice areas. By maintaining legal knowledge across a wide spectrum of legal practice areas, we are able to give our clients more comprehensive representation and protect their long-term interests more effectively.
- Driving under the influence (DUI)/driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Drug crimes
- Assault and battery
- Sex crimes
- University crimes
We handle criminal felonies and misdemeanors in every phase and aspect of the trial, including the bond hearings, trials and appeals.
We represent clients who are involved in trials that are being appealed to higher courts. With extensive experience handling appellate matters, our lawyers know what the appellate judges are looking for on appeal, and we fight for the best results possible for our appellate clients.
Business and Corporate Law
We represent business owners in every phase of their businesses:
- Entity selection and initial filing
- Ongoing counsel
- Contract negotiation, drafting and review
- Business dispute litigation